Friday, May 6, 2011

mutual trust


I went grocery shopping today. I have to walk down a pretty narrow road. Its the size of a one way, except this is japan so its a two way. plus a side walk. which is just a strip of green paint about a foot wide. So i was walking and cars get pretty close and i had a thought.

We thrive on mutual trust with one another.
Ive met lots of people who say they don't trust anyone. But honestly if they didn't they couldnt even leave their house.
The cars passing me by only inches trusted i would not make a sudden movement with either my own body or my baby stroller. As for myself, i trusted the person behind the wheel that they would not crash violently into my body or open their door as they drove by.

But if we didn't trust and understand that much about each other, neither could have gotten to where we where heading. So i think people who say that they "cant trust anyone" are attention grabbing.

But then again, maybe people like that need the attention. I don't understand hurting people all that much. So here i am, admitting that i don't understand people.

No comments:

Post a Comment