Thursday, February 17, 2011

an introduction and a reason

______________________________________________Life

Good afternoon.

I should have done this to start off, but its too late now.
Im going to introduce myself and give you guys a reason as to why ive started this blog.

My name is Amber Noel Spearman.
Formerly known as Amber Noel Solis.
I am 23 years old and i am married to Russell Spearman. We have been married for 3 years this May.
On december 26th, or 2010 we welcomed our baby girl Adelle into this world. She is 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days old.

Rusty and I are missionaries in Japan.
3 months after we got married we moved to Okinawa. We spent a beautiful year on island and then moved to mainland japan.
Time really moves fast out here.

As for my reason, its something like this.
part 1.

I read missionary bios and letters and they seem kind of plastic. Some dont, and i guess that can depend on the writing skills of whoever is writing it. But i often wonder if other missionaries have the same problems and victories i experience. Everyone always seems to have it together. I wanted to put my pulse out there. I want to be honest about the life of a missionary. I think i will make mistakes, but i want the chance to fix them too. So here we go.

part 2.
I want to make sure i am soaking in my devos in the morning. I realized that a lot of times i cant remember what i read in the morning by dinner time. So i wanted a place i could sit down and digest and outline what i read. I want to grow and i want to learn.

So in the times when Adelle is sleeping and i can type a few words before the washing machine goes off, i would like to share with you some of my thoughts and thinkings.

And maybe a few pictures too.



______________________________________________Devotional
Today is Acts 26.
Paul is held in chains by the rulers of the time, because the local authorities are scared that if they left paul unbound the jews would murder him. So paul is given the chance to explain himself infront of Festus (what a name), his wife and his court.
Paul started from the beginning, and told them about his life as a pharisee. He spent all his time perfecting his law following and persecution of those who followed Jesus. He actually set death sentences onto Christians he found.
He also shared how he was converted on his way to Demascus. God told him how he would be used to first speak to the jews and then speak to the Gentiles, and he would help turn many unto Christ.
Soon after he finished, Festus actually says "You have almost persuaded me into being a christian."

I took some time to dwell on the power Jesus has. Paul was hellbent on killing and persecuting Christians. He dedicated his whole life to this reason. But one day, one light and just a few words spoken by Jesus was enough to change a man. He completely changed, and became one of the strongest and most credible theologians.

Its crazy!

I also remembered my life verses at that point too. Ill share when with you.

Psalm 40:1-3
" 1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the LORD."

That last big of verse 3 has always puzzled me. As of yet, i havent been present at any conversions and im not a worship leader. Ive always looked at it and said to myself "Well, God has a lot of work to do still" which i think is true, but this morning God pressed upon my heart something totally different.

He said
"Your not the one who will convert people. Who says I haven't already used you, and you have no idea?"

Gah, oh yeah! Its not about making people say the prayer. The psalm even says, God put a song into my mouth, i just have to sing it and people will turn and trust in the Lord. It doesnt say that i have to persuade people, or converse people into surrender. I just have to do what the Lord has put into my life. Thats all im responsible for.

So, to wrap it up.
I was reminded that some plant, some water and some reap.

No comments:

Post a Comment